Steps To Take For Flood Damage In Orange County Clean Up And Restoration
Do you have damage in your home or business from a flood? For anyone that does, you need to understand the steps that need to be taken to help you get the flood damage in Orange County cleaned up and your property restored to the way it was before the damage happened.
The following are the most important steps to follow to help you get the damage from the flood cleaned up and your property restored as soon as you can.
Step #1: Call your insurance company
The first step that you need to take is to call your insurance company to let them know about the damage. If you have flood insurance, they will help you pay for the cleanup and restoration. That is going to make it much easier for you and more affordable.
Step #2: Call SERVPRO of Huntington Beach 714-841-1695
Your second step needs to be a phone call to a professional restoration company like SERVPRO of Huntington Beach. They will get the cleanup and restoration done for you in a timely manner. They will also ensure that all the damage is cleaned up, so that no damage is left behind to cause you problems in the future.
Plus, it will be more affordable for you to get your property cleaned up and restored with the professionals because they have the equipment and supplies already to get the job done effectively. If you tried to get everything needed to do this big job, it would become expensive very quickly.
The sooner you make the call to get the professionals into your home or business, the sooner you will be able to put the flood damage behind you in the past.
Step #3: Remove all the belongings that you can
Before the professionals get to your home or business, it is a good idea for you to remove all the belongings that you can, especially the ones that have not been damaged. This will ensure that they are not damaged during the cleanup and restoration process.
It will also help to save time, so the professionals can concentrate on the cleanup and restoration of the damage and the belongings that were damaged. Once the professionals get to your home or business, get out of their way, but until then, do all you can to make their job easier because it will be better for them and you in the long run on time and your budget.
Now that you have the steps to follow, you will be able to easily and effectively get the flood damage in Orange County cleaned up and your property restored to the way it was before the damage happened. Just be sure that you utilize all these steps, so you can get back to your life and the important things you need to do without this damage being a problem for you anymore.
Why Is SERVPRO of Huntington Beach The Chosen Restoration Company With Everyone?
Have you heard a lot about SERVPRO in Huntington Beach and you are curious about why they are the chosen restoration company with people everywhere? There are a few reasons why this company is the professional restoration service that everyone hires when they have gone through a disaster that leaves them with a mess to clean up and a home or business to restore.
It is a good idea for you to learn the reasons why people choose this company because this will help you see why it would be smart for you to hire them for your cleaning and restoration needs as well.
One: Training -This company has highly trained professionals that do the cleanup and restoration for you. They have been trained to know how to do the cleanup correctly, where to look for damage, so that none is left behind to cause future problems and many other things.
This ensures that all the damage will be cleaned up and your home or business is restored to the as close to the original condition as possible, that way you don’t have to worry about anything after they have done their job and you can put the disaster behind you where it should be.
Two: Equipment – The equipment and cleaning supplies that will be used to clean up and restore your home is the high quality and will ensure that your home or business is cleaned as well as sanitized. That way you can be confident that your family or employees will be safe in your home or place of business.
Three: Experience – The experience that this company has with cleaning up all types of disasters is one of the main reasons why so many people hire them for their restoration services. They have experience with commercial cleaning and restoration as well as residential.
Plus, they have 52 years of experience to ensure that your home or business will be thoroughly cleaned and restored before they leave your place. That will give you much needed peace of mind and will help you be confident that the job will be done right from the very beginning all the way to the end.
Now that you are aware of the reasons why SERVPRO of Huntington Beach is the chosen restoration company with so many people, you can understand why people hire them and why you should also. If you have dealt with a disaster that needs to be cleaned up and your home or business restored, make the smart decision and hire this company now, so you can get the disaster put behind you in the past where it belongs.
Fire Cleanup Experts In Huntington Beach Discuss Problems With Heat And Moisture
When a fire burns inside a structure, it often gets extinguished using water by either you or the fire department. After a burn takes place, it is likely that you will need a fire cleanup conducted by a professional company like SERVPRO of Huntington Beach. When heat and moisture damage items, the combination of the two create different scenarios. Moisture can cause soot residues to bleed deeper into materials making them more difficult to remove. If fire cleanup does not get completed quickly, there is a chance that the excessive moisture can cause mold to develop on organic substances, creating another issue.
Moisture added to burn damage can make the problems with your contents and building materials worse. For example, if burnt wooden items get saturated, they might have to be replaced instead of being cleaned and refinished as a part of your fire cleanup project in Huntington Beach. In some cases, if items do not get charred deeper than a quarter inch, then our SERVPRO technicians can sand down and refinish the materials. However, when moisture gets added to these situations, the burnt material can soak deep into an object and make refinishing impossible. A major part of any restoration project is to figure out what we can fix with cleaning and restoring, and which items we must remove and replace.
As soon as our professionals arrive at your property, our SERVPRO estimators begin testing your contents and building materials with their test kits. These kits contain a variety of cleaning chemicals for various scenarios. We test-clean the different surfaces in your home to figure out what will work and what will not. Once we figure out what we can mitigate with refinishing and soot removal, we compile an initial estimate for you and your insurance company.
Once the initial estimate gets completed, we devise a plan to restore anything inside your home that got damaged. If you ever have a situation where both fire and water affected your house, call SERVPRO of Huntington Beach at 714-841-1695 24 hours a day.
Why Routine Water Heater Maintenance is Important to Prevent Water Damage in Your Huntington Beach Home
Water Damage Cleanup for Your Huntington Beach Home
Your water heater is a valuable piece of equipment in your Huntington Beach home. It provides hot water for bathrooms and your kitchen for a variety of uses. However, routine water heater maintenance prevents possible issues. Otherwise, they can leak, rust, and cause a great deal of damage to your home. Many people think flooding is the primary method of loss that a broken water heater can cause, and there are additional problems which can also cost you lots of money in repairs and even affect the health of you and your family.
Even a slow leak can cause a good deal of water damage to your Huntington Beach home while raising your utility bill from the wasted water. If your home has been the victim of such an incident, you want to have professionals help you clean it up and repair the damage. At SERVPRO of Huntington Beach, we have expert training and plenty of experience in handling water damage emergencies just like this.
Whether your water heater has caused a flood in your home or has caused other water damage, our SERVPRO Franchise professionals inspect the damage upon arriving at your home, so we know the best way to proceed. If there is standing water, we extract that first with a pump, and then we can dry your property back out using industrial fans and dehumidifiers. We want to finish this process as efficiently and quickly as we can so we can avoid mold growth.
If your water heater has flooded your home, it is usually created by the unit bursting and spilling vast amounts of water onto the floor. The water can seep into cracks in your baseboard, seep into floorboards, and get under carpets and more. Water that gets under flooring can warp the wood and create much damage which requires replacing the affected wood.
Water which flows behind walls can warp the support system and wooden studs, which means it needs replacing. It can also damage vulnerable drywall and other items. Water released from a poorly maintained water heater makes the moisture content of the air to rise, creating the perfect breeding ground for mold. Mold grows at a tremendous rate and can cause health effects.
SERVPRO of Huntington Beach knows that when your home has a water damage emergency, it is essential not to waste time. Give us a call at (714) 841-1695 as soon as you realize there is a problem so we can help you clean it up and get your home back to the way it was before the water invaded.
National Preparedness Month
It Doesn’t Cost a lot to be Prepared
It is no secret that many families and individuals are looking to cut back on spending. But with the frequency of disasters, both natural and manmade, can you afford not to be prepared? Preparedness doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. September is National Preparedness Month, and we are asking you to help your family and friends prepare for whatever may come. Here are a few tips* on how you can protect those that matter to you without spending a fortune.
• Make a Plan. Work with you family and neighbors to make an emergency plan for the types of disasters that affect your area. Make sure everyone in your family understands where to go and what to do in case of an emergency. You can download Family Emergency Plan templates www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
• Update Contact Information. Having accurate records for family, friends and neighbors will help you stay in contact and possibly help those in need. Make sure updated contact information is posted in visible places throughout your house and workplace.
• Check Your Policy. Review your insurance policy annually and make any necessary changes – renters, too! When a disaster strikes, you want to know that your coverage will get you back on your feet.
• Make a Ready List. You may not need all of the items in ready-made preparedness kits. Choose the essentials that fit your needs and budget. Don’t forget to keep supplies at work and in your car. Sample Ready Lists can be found at www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list
• Plan Your Purchases. You can save money by thinking ahead. Don’t buy preparedness items just before a storm when they’re expensive and supplies will be in high demand. Buy items at the end of the season when you can get good deals.
• Shop Sales. Shop at sales and used goods stores. Buy preparedness items throughout the year, instead of all at once, and you won’t notice the cost as much.
• Make Sure it Keeps. Store water in safe, containers. You don’t need to buy expensive bottled water, just make sure your water containers are disinfected and airtight
• Request a Gift. We all get things we don’t need. Suggest preparedness supplies as gifts from your friends and family. It just might save your life.
• Trade a Night Out. Trade one night out to fund your 72-hour kit. Taking a family of four to the movies can cost upwards of $80. Just one night staying in could fund your Ready kit.
• *The best tip: start now. Take small steps toward preparedness and before you know it, you will be Ready!
The SERVPRO Difference
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
SERVPRO Puts Property Owners Back in Control
Our number one goal is returning damaged areas and items to preloss condition, doing all we can to make it "Like it never even happened." Every SERVPRO Franchise Professional is dedicated to restoring both the property and the lives of the customers being helped.
Serving America Since 1967
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have been helping home and business owners recover from water damages across the United States.
A Nationwide Service Provider
SERVPRO is a franchise system with over 1700 independently owned and operated locations nationwide. More locations means faster response time. SERVPRO of Huntington Beach can be onsite within four hours to help protect the structure, business and personal property.
24-Hour Emergency Service
In our business, you need us fast! the sooner we arrive the better chance we can reduce damage and save money. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
The Right Equipment
SERVPRO of Huntington Beach understands that using the proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing claims loss expense. When time mattes, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform.
Your home is truly a reflection of you, your taste and your personality. Suffering damage to your home can feel like a part of you has been damaged as well. We recognize a loss can make you feel vulnerable, invaded or robbed of part of your life. Your loss is unique-in how it started, the emotions experienced and the extent of damage.
When damage affects your home, you want it to be restored to pre-loss condition. You cannot afford to let the marketability of your home be affected.
SERVPRO of Huntington Beach is the trusted choice for hundreds of insurance companies nationwide, because they know SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the experience to do the job right.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
From a burst pipe in an office building to faulty wiring in an apartment complex, fire and water losses are never planned, but they do occur. SERVPRO of Huntington Beach knows there's no such thing as a small emergency when it threatens the welfare ofteh tenants and the revenue of the property owner. Have you developed a thorough contingency plan? Is the emphasis on the first 24-48 hours to help you get back in your building as quickly as possible?
SERVPRO of Huntington Beach can provide you assistance in developing and Emergency Ready Profile. As part of a well throught-out contingency plan, your ERP will contian informaition you need in teh event an emergency situation occurs.
SERVPRO professionals can manage the damage with
-Over 45 years of business in the cleanup and restoration industry
-More than 1700 franchises
-Detailed communication throughout the cleaning and restoration process to help keep you informed and in control
-Experience and training in mitigating damages ranging from single family homes to skyscrapers
We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! SERVPRO of Huntington Beach will work hard to restore the property and its contents to pre-loss condition.
4th of July firework safety
Summer is here and it's almost the 4th of July. You know what that means, FIREWORKS!
Remember, fireworks can be dangerous, causing serious burn and eye injuries. You can help us prevent fireworks-related injuries and deaths. How? By working with a national, state or local organization where you live to promote fireworks safety in your community.
Follow these safety tips when using fireworks:
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
Red Cross Emergency Apps
SERVPRO currently has a national partnership with the American Red Cross. SERVPRO began a National partnership in March of 2013 with the American Red Cross as the largest corporate sponsor for the Ready Rating Program. SERVPRO has renewed our commitment to the Red Cross by supporting a Disaster Responder program.
Apps and social media are tied for the top 4 most popular sources for emergency information during a disaster.
The American Red Cross offers a free emergency app that you might want to check out. When a disaster strikes you will have confidence that you are getting updates as it happens.
SERVPRO® of Huntington Beach We help to make it Like it never even happened.®
SERVPRO® Huntington Beach is always just a quick phone call away. Whether you are dealing with a water loss, damage from a fire or issues with mold in your home we can help. Emergencies do not work on a set schedule and can happen at any hour of the day or night. That’s why we are here 24/7, 365 to assist you should the need arise.
If you find yourself in need of our services please reach out to us at 714-841-1695 and tell them the Marketing Team sent you.
Electrical Safety tips
Thank you to the NFPA for these awesome tips to keep everyone safe!
U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated annual average of 47,820 reported home structure fires involving electrical failure or malfunction in 2007-2011. These fires resulted in 455 civilian deaths, 1,518 civilian injuries and $1.5 billion in direct property damage.
- Replace or repair damaged or loose electrical cords.
- Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets.
- In homes with small children, make sure your home has tamper-resistant (TR) receptacles.
- Consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a qualified electrician so you do not have to use extension cords.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for plugging an appliance into a receptacle outlet.
- Avoid overloading outlets. Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each receptacle outlet at a time.
- If outlets or switches feel warm, frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuits, or flickering or dimming lights, call a qualified electrician.
- Place lamps on level surfaces, away from things that can burn and use bulbs that match the lamp's recommended wattage.
- Make sure your home has ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) in the kitchen bathroom(s), laundry, basement, and outdoor areas.
- Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) should be installed in your home to protect electrical outlets